Thursday, September 11, 2008

I Crack Myself Up

I did something really funny today.

After a long day at work, I began the treck up 301 back home to Bradenton. My thoughts were consumed with various annoying items....

...why did I weigh 5 pounds more at the doctor's office today than I did at work?
...why did I have to read the special report on how lemon slices for water are cut with filthy knives in restaurants & then obsess about it during my lunch at SilverStar?
...and finally, I think I have a dentist appointment next week.

I was at a point where I needed to merge so that I wouldn't be run off the road. And the truck beside me pulled the smooth move of speeding up for the sole purpose of preventing me from merging in front of him. The young redneck man driving looked like a cocky Jason Priestly look-alike (puke in my book).

As I uttered some nasty words about his move to myself, he must have seen me through his rear view mirror, because he turned around and began yelling at me through the glass of both our windshields, laughing.

My response? I crack myself up. I pulled out the Nextel and pretended to be clicking someone on speaker phone. It was funny because he immediately turned around, taking the cue that maybe the words I was uttering had nothing to do with him.

Who's the ass now, dork man?

No comments: