Monday, July 19, 2010

The Cupcake Fight

I recently discovered a little cake shop near my office called Cakes by Ron. Holy cow. They are to die for. But I was good. I brought back a chocolate chip cookie sandwich one for my co-worker and a variety for the fam. Husband loved the peanut butter cupcake and part of the triple chocolate cupcake which was mine, but I must point out, I was generous enough to share.

 
I would love to pop up a photo of that beauty, but we ate it before I thought to take a picture.

 
Husband recently celebrated his birthday, and since he hates cake (yes, but does like cupcakes, which he insists taste different), I got him this lovely creation from Pastry Art:

 

 

 
So back to the point of this post, a few nights ago a Cupcake Fight ensued in our home. There was part of the giant tart from Pastry Art left and one strawberry cupcake from Cakes by Ron. After a healthy dinner (I swear) D-Man asked if we could cut him a piece of the tart. He then said, "Actually no, I'd like that strawberry cupcake."
  • Husband: "No. That cupcake is mine."
  • D-Man: "But you offered it to me yesterday, and you ate the other cupcake."
  • Husband: "That was yesterday. You said you didn't want it. And I want it today."
  • D-Man: "But that's not fair."
  • Husband: "I'm a pretty generous person. I give things up when I can make someone else happy, but I'm not going to give this one thing up. Is this really worth getting all upset over?"
  • D-man: "Yes, it is. That cupcake should be mine."
And so it went. It was hilarious. In the end, Husband had the cupcake and Dakota ate the tart.

11 comments:

Gina said...

I'm a sucker for a good fruit tart!

Liz Mays said...

I'd expect you to fight over a sweet before them! That's so funny!

Mr. Charleston said...

Cakes by Ron? I'm gonna have to check it out the next time I'm down your way.

Marvin said...

I'm glad it didn't end in bloodshed. At our house, it would have. ;-)

Anonymous said...

That tart looks FANTASTIC!!!

nursemyra said...

Why didn't they cut each portion in two and have half each?

M L Jassy said...

There is a chocolate beetroot fudge cupcake in Sydney that I would go into battle for - desserts are an expression of the soul.

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Hehe Gropey, you know what, you should've just eaten that cup cake while they were arguing lol :) Everyone would be happy then!! Or, they could just cut it in two pieces each have their little bite... Anyways, did you get the cake above for your husband so that he could just eat all the fruit and leave the cake to you? ;-)
xo

Poindexter said...

Such a sad ending (sniff sniff) to be denied the pleasures of a bakery cupcake and be forced to settle for that scruptious looking fruit tart.
Oh my indeed!

So glad that Cakes by Ron is not around the corner from my house.

Erica@PLRH said...

I would definitely fight my kid for a cupcake.

Anonymous said...

...eat your heart out!