Thursday, October 8, 2009

Welcome, Sweet Girl

I would officially be in the permanent dog house if I displayed Eileen Elizabeth's photo online without family permission, but I can tell you that yesterday in the five o'clock hour (Eastern time), a new little girl was welcomed into the world.

Named for my grandmother and sister-in-law's grandmother, she made her debut in a little border town in Texas where my brother is stationed. The two parents could not be more out-of-this-world happy and proud, and right from the beginning, she was introduced to a life where many people love her, near and far. (...And guess what PLRH, it would seem that she's a little red head.)

More often than not it seems, I hear of new babies born into less than ideal circumstances. Aside from the obvious joy I feel about this new addition to my family, I feel the great happiness of knowing that this little one has a fortunate start. I can't wait to get to know her.

Project Concern International in Guatemala provides community-based health care for mothers who aren't so lucky to be equipped with the medicine, delivery sevices and care to ensure healthy births. Through Alternative Gifts International, I'm making a gift in Eileen's honor to help purchase newborn kits and care for Mayan women and their infants. Keep this in mind when you're looking for a baby gift or a holiday gift to the world! They'll send out a nice card for you to let the honoree know what was given in their honor.

Welcome, sweet Eileen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very sweet and so like you! So very happy for your family and I know you'll be the best aunt in the world! Lucky little baby! Ruthi

Erica@PLRH said...

Congrats Auntie Gropey!

Best wishes to Baby E and the new parents.