Saturday, October 10, 2009

U2: Magnificent

It's hard to render Gropius speechless, but U2 always does the trick. These days, a girl can diverge in a million distinctly different directions, with her life changing in a number of unexpected ways. U2 has been a constant for me for ages. The timelessness and depths of their lyrics, the musical package, the brilliant multi-media of their shows and the combination of play, activism and insightful beauty is overwhelming.

Last night, a most unexpectedly gorgeous addition to the concert: a live connection with Guy Laliberte from the International Space Station, who eloquently spoke about the beauty of Earth from space and the importance of conservation. Ahhhhh, more music to my ears.

So thank you, boys. I just adore you. I can't say that about many people I don't know. Somehow, you've convinced me that I do know you, and I love who you are. Keep it coming.

Here's a bit of video from last night. And here's the scoop on what they played.

1 comment:

Erica@PLRH said...

I still don't have words to describe it all.

So were are we going next time? Paris? Seville? Brussels?