Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Remember the weight loss challenge? I'm surrounded by enemies.

Like Mexican food, ice cream and the occasional margarita. Sweet Jesus, I could eat potatoes or any potato derivative for breakfast, lunch and dinner every day. What kind of a vegetarian am I?

Seriously, it's been depressing. I just want to get to my college graduation weight from 11 years ago (GASP), and presumably, it shouldn't be that hard. But after a stressful day, I want to come home, eat dinner and veg... Granted, all of these activities usually take place after more work and a little fiddling around on Facebook, a few blogs and e-mail.

I've come to the conclusion that being married makes you lazy as hell when it comes to taking care of yourself. We can sit down with a bag of chips or a bowl of cream when there is literally not an ounce of hunger on the brain.

Who won the weight loss challenge? A single mother of 3 of course! Well deserved, Nicole, well deserved. You're the most disciplined person I know. (I mean that!) And you took home $20 each from 8 of us other losers for a grand total of $160. You should celebrate with donuts.

3 comments:

Mary said...

I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Mixed Reflections said...

Mary,
What a nice comment! Thank you for taking the time to post. Will look forward to your blog visits. Do you live in Florida?

Erica@PLRH said...

Donuts? Can I come? Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Creme?