Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Inappropriate Kiosk Behavior

Have you ever been assaulted by someone in a shopping mall kiosk trying to sell you cream, cheap jewelry, cell phones, newspaper subscriptions, Dead Sea something, etc.?

I found a recent tactic displayed by a hair care product company very invasive...if you can even call it a tactic. Walking along, minding my own business (and trying desperately to appear interested in something far, far away), I was aggressively approached by a non-smiling woman who said in a very forceful tone, "What HAIR CARE products do you use?"

It was a little personal for me. And very annoying. In retrospect, here are the top 5 answers I wish I had on the tip of my tongue:
  • Rid Lice/ Rid Flea
  • I'll trade you an answer for the assurance you won't say anything else to me, including "but--"
  • What kinds of FEMININE products do you use?
  • Look. What do you want from me? I'm just going to lay it out for you. "No."
  • I have a raging case of herpes. Is that okay?

What do you do in these situations? In a way, I feel bad for them. Business sucks everywhere. But I just don't like this kind of approach.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about "ITS A FRIGGEN WIG, I LOST MY HAIR IN/TO (enter how ever graphic you want to be) LONG AGO"

Anonymous said...

lol

some more bon mots retorts!

1. I don't know. Something for pubic hair. How about you?
2. Oh you mean for this old thing? This is actually the hair of my dead great-grandmother grafted to my head.
3. Thanks but I don't believe in washing my hair. It's kind of like a cast iron pot. I just wipe it and let it "season." rl

Erica@PLRH said...

How about...

"I wouldn't use ANYTHING sold at a KIOSK on my naturally curly red hair."

:)