Monday, June 8, 2009

The IKEA shopping cart killer

Yesterday I arrived on site at IKEA at 12:31 p.m. and did the following...
  • walked throughout the labyrinth of high quality, low price furniture and furnishings gawking at the spectacle of it all (along with 3.8 million others);
  • ate a meat free lunch of vegetable medley and mac and cheese, located in the line between heaps of Swedish meatballs and egg/ shrimp sandwiches; and
  • continued the window shopping marathon downstairs with an even paced diligence

...all so I could time my shopping cart collision with a certain lady at precisely 2:16 p.m. Well, obviously. That was the unbelievable look of sheer hatred bestowed upon me by this chick as I accidentally tapped her ankles with the back of my cart. My sincere apology didn't seem to sway her too much from her original assessment of my evil plot to kill her. Jeeez. It's a jungle in there, sweetheart. Next time I'll be a little more calculating.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clearly she saw through your thin veneer of civility and witnessed the killer inside! Did you fold her up and put her into an IKEA DIY bed-in-a-box?

Erica@PLRH said...

I didn't realize you had such a mean streak in you! I should have know since you didn't invite me to go to IKEA with you.

Uncommon Blonde said...

I always knew there was evil lurking beneath that sweet smile ...