Saturday, December 27, 2008

Cheers! ...To Your Extra 10 Pounds!


I'd like to officially nominate the Starbucks Peppermint Mocha as the Drink of the Year for the 2008 Holiday Season. Except for the fact that it costs nearly $5 and involves a little matter of 400 calories, it's right there at the top of my list. As you might imagine from it's clever name, it has the peppermint, the mocha, and of course the whipped creme. At the end of your cup, you'll most likely find a depository of very dense but heavenly syrup. It's this discovery that makes you realize just how bad you've been to drink it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big calorie counter. But when it recently dawned on me that you also have to worry about what you drink in terms of getting fat, I wasn't pleased.
Eggnog was knocked off my list of faves this year when I read that half a cup was worth 180 calories. It will only take 3 miles of walking at a enormously fast pace to walk off that tiny sample. My walks are supposed to be taking off the devilishly delicious blocks of cheese the parents sent to us....and the Peppermint Mochas. No room for eggnog.
I'm thinking that although I have truly enjoyed my Peppermint Mocha fixes this year, I won't surprise myself if water is the Drink of the Year for 2009.

2 comments:

Uncommon Blonde said...

Mmmm ... Starbucks is evil indeed! I love their frappucinos now that I'm limiting my caffine intake but they are packed with calories. I need to stick with water for both my weight and my wallet ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh Gropy, those peppermint mochas look gorgeous on you!