Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Am I the Only One Who Remembers Slim Goodbody?

It was a chain reaction. We were trying to fall asleep the other night while the dog was going crazy, galloping back and forth across the room with a plush toy. She jumped up on the bed and landed on husband, pulling his arm hair. And suddenly, it all started coming back to me. A song on my long, lost Slim Goodbody album: "...Your hair grows out of follicles, the hair grows on your head!"

Does anyone remember this white, semi-afroed guy who dressed up in a tight "we bare all" suit showing organs, bones and more? In the early '80's, Slim Goodbody taught young 'uns about the parts of the body and created an entire ensemble of songs, "The Inside Story," that became a prized possession for me.


Strangely, the only vestige of memory today is one meager line from the "hair song" I recited above. I found the album cover (which displays a picture of Slim, for those of you who pretend not to remember him) in Google images. I'm hoping it will trick my subconscious into recalling lyrics from the other songs...


So here's what I want to know. Am I the only one who remembers Slim Goodbody?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are definately not the only onewith fond memories of the one and only "slim goodbody". so glad you remember his presence in the house on sulkirk. he was the best!

Uncommon Blonde said...

Thank God I don't remember him ... that's one scary picture!

Anonymous said...

i remember having a slim goodbody. sigh.