Thursday, December 11, 2008

Celebrating the Writing Goddess

It looked like something was on fire as the sun was trying to get up this morning. Clouds were racing across the sky, wind blowing all around, signaling a change coming. Child pulled me out the door to have a look at a fleeting double rainbow making a brief appearance in the light orange north. There must be something special about this day.

I know! It's December 11, the day the Sarasota Writing Goddess was born. This local writer's byline can be seen in Style each month. She can make anyone come alive in print, touching on the most subtle and deeply interesting parts of their being in a way that makes you want to read and read and read. You'll always enjoy a thoughtful perspective, meshed with unexpected metaphors and clever comparisons, when you barge in her office for a chat. And she's a great friend. Happy Birthday, Ruth Lando.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Gropy, I'm so very happy and honored to have you as my friend! Thank you for the gift of your beautiful words and the gorgeous flowers. You keep me sane. You make me laugh. You help me remember that it isn't really all about me and my problems are just a pimple on an elephant's arse. You are so wise beyond your years and so good at everything you do. Love you to pieces! RL

Uncommon Blonde said...

Wow, I thought the Writing Goddess was you after reading that lovely first paragraph.