Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Big Spill

I'll say it loud and proud. I am the biggest klutz in the Universe. And last night while attempting to walk with the dog in the dark, I took a nice, big spill.

It was the kind of event that groups of loitering kids dream of in terms of comedy. If anyone had been around to see it, I'm sure the fall would have garnered some quiet laughter from those who wondered if I was still capable of moving and some wild and roaring laughter from those who didn't care.

Resting on my left leg is a bruise the size of Alaska starting to peek through and a large cherry shaped and bloody scrape that my knee hasn't seen since the days of learning to ride a bike. I find it pretty ironic indeed that this was one of many evening walks and the first time I heeded family warnings and took a flashlight with me. (Admittedly, it wasn't on.)

But I'm sticking with the facts. Take a flashlight: fall down in a violent twist of uncoordination. Don't bring a flashlight: you make the trek with no problemos. I wouldn't dare blame this on the fact that I am incapable of walking even one step on a balance beam.

No comments: