Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Competition Begins


Not even a month ago, a new edition was brought "into the circle." A young kitty named...oh with no name. The young beast was welcomed as a new addition into the home of the man known as Skunk Ape, Ramsey Frangie. Three weeks later, the kitten was nearing his new identity: the identity based on famous architect Gropius, AKA Mr. G, alias Ferocius G, etc.

Today while talking to PR Goddess M. Wells, I realized that the one who I supposed was the biggest supporter of this new flambouyent and hilarious name...was actually an advocate for another choice, "Eddie."

Mind you, after she explained the name originated from Edward Scissorhands (as the young kitty has grown to enjoy attacking Ramsey at night with its freshly growing claws), I understood. I also favored her argument that any self-respecting woman to enter the bachelor pad might be suspicious of the nickname "Gropie." Who is this man? And what creepy secret might I not be aware of?

So, Eddie became a more understandable choice.

Yet driving home, I continued the mental fight. Does Ramsey need the kind of woman who understands the insane and bizarre humor of a name like "Gropius?" Of course. This could be a filter of sorts for potential mates. "What?" "You don't think Gropius is really funny? Well, it was nice to meet you. Have a nice life."

Gropius vs. Eddie. This cat needs a name. What name will come out the winner in this epic battle of ginormous proportions?

4 comments:

larry b. said...

How About Dead Kitty? Or Get the Hell Off My Car Kitty? How About Stop Pooping In My Flowers Kitty.

Mixed Reflections said...

As you can see, Larry has some issues with neighborhood cats. Gropius is an indoor man.

Ruth Lando said...

...love you, Gropius. So long as the name is not derived from the fearsome "grope your ass..." Thank you for this witty and lovely blog. And for the metaphysical ponderings of that unknown doorway into the beyond beyond. Perhaps it's like the portal into John Malkovich's head in "Being John Malkovich." Something strange and mystifying from beyond the known universe.

Gina said...

Well, I figured it out! The meaning of the title of your blog, I mean. Personally, I love the name Gropius! I could tell you were a cat lover - I could tell you were cool. Your kitty looks sorta like my kitty, Maceo.

http://www.ginaious.com/2009/11/introducing-maceo-may-see-oh.html