Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Budding Bromance

When the photo book arrived made by sis-in-law, I almost peed in my pants it was so funny.  Outlining the chronicles of Husband and Brother on our summer trip to the North Carolina shore, it portrayed the newly dubbed "Bromance" with class and utmost accuracy.

We had never all spent a full week together in the same living quarters. Husband and Brother's Bromance took the word "together" to a whole new level. The two were hard to separate--the ping pong in the downstairs garage, the beers on the windy porch, the night fishing from the beach, the cow nose ray catching out in the intercoastal, the---okay you get it.

You know, I was thinking "Nice. A good long week with Husband and family. No distractions from the neighborhood boy clan, no calls from work, no man cave, no---Wait a minute! Where is Husband? Off with Brother again. Nice."

God only knew what they were doing. How many times can you go to the bait shop or go for ice in a single afternoon?

In ways, it was a little annoying.  But in more ways, I still can't believe how lucky and grateful I am to have a Brother and Husb who like to hang out together. That doesn't always happen. And when it doesn't, you're up shiter's creek when it's the season for some fam time. That's a shame when people live so far from each other and hardly have the chance to be together.

On the other hand, I can rest easy and delight in the fact that this Budding Bromance is good for the long haul. Thanks, Husb and Brother. Glad the in-law thing is still working. Makes me happier than you can know.

Aw, isn't that cute? Husband and Brother
"walking the line" at Fort Macon State Park


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw... love - particularly in its beginning stages - is so sweet. ;o)

I am so happy for you, that your family is so peaceful and happy to spend time together. You deserve it - even if sometimes the togetherness comes in a different form than you were expecting. :o)

Marvin said...

That's wonderful! My various families all hate their in-laws, so seeing in-laws who like each other is a pleasant surprise. And, if hubby likes you, it sort of makes sense that he'd like your brother. Hopefully not in quite the same way, though.

Julia, the Thanksgiving Girl said...

Aw, what a swet photo indeed :)) You are very lucky in that respect, Gropey... Especially in the light of a current situation here within my extended family - it's not over the top bad, but not too perfect. So yeah, funny how we've just been discussing the whole in-laws subject here a lot lately and now you post such a positive exmaple of it!

Mr. Charleston said...

Beer, ice and bait? Crimini, that's enough to keep a guy interested for hours. Times two.

M L Jassy said...

Am getting a touch of spring fever - I might have to go find my own bit of bait at the bait shop.

Erica@PLRH said...

My hubby is like that with my brother. My brother is like the brother hubs never had. Too bad my brother lives in NJ.